don't let this fool you - just because it's unscented doesn't mean its lacking in benefits. au contraire! this shampoo has an abundance of scalp loving, hair softening and hydrating herbs.
purpose: free all scents and essential oils for adults with sensitivities or to cleanse our newborns and babies. made with nutrient-rich nettle leaf, scalp healing plantain, and soothing chamomile + calendula. it's loved by all.
recommended use: lather a small amount in your hands, apply to the scalp and massage thoroughly then rinse. again, lather a small amount in your hands and cleanse the scalp + hair. you will notice more lather and foam with the second wash. rinse and follow with conditioner.
- for newborns, babies, sensitive to EO's/aromas or overall sensitive scalp, pregnant, this one is for you!
- safe for color treated hair.
- non-toxic, handcrafted, made with natural ingredients only, reiki infused.
I N G R E D I E N T S
sarsaparilla root | native to south america, latin america and mexico. contains steroidal saponins which gives it's cleansing and antibacterial properties. has been used to fight skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
- wild yam root | natural saponin. also known as colic root and rheumatism root as it was used to remedy colic and rheumatism. all the medicinal benefits come from the root.
- quillaia root | or quillaja means "to wash". used in chile and peru to create shampoo for centuries.
- yucca root | native american tribes used this succulent to create soaps due to its very foamy liquid that gently cleanses. yucca has been used to treat dandruff, hair loss, skin inflammation and arthritis.
- coco - glucoside | derived from coconut oil and fruit sugar. mild and non-irritating cleanser, good for sensitive skin. 100% biodegradable.
xanthan gum | plant-based thickening agent. a naturally occurring bacteria, xanthomonas campestris is found growing naturally on vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. the bacteria is allowed to ferment on a sugar resulting in a gel or milled into a powder.
vegetable glycerin | glycerin is a soothing, humectant which draws moisture from the air to the skin. also an emollient, which makes the skin feel softer and smoother.
- panthenol | vitamin B5 - a natural constituent of healthy hair and a substance present in all living cells including plants and honey. it hydrates, locks in moisture and adds elasticity.
organic golden jojoba oil | mimics scalp's sebum (scalp's natural oil), moisturizing, soothing to the scalp, hydrates hair from within the hair shaft, helps repair damaged hair cuticles. derived from a seed native to arizona, southern california and mexico called simmondsia chinensis.
- organic chamomile extract | cleansing, moisturizing, calming, heals minor wounds & soothes irritated scalp or dandruff. one of the most ancient herbs originally used by ancient egyptians.
organic calendula extract | heals cuts, wounds, chapped lips. with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties it is the skin whisperer of flowers. used by native Americans for its ability to increase circulation to the skin. the "calends" referred to the first days of each month of the Roman calendar and signified the start of the new moon cycle.
organic plantain leaf extract | natural remedy for healing an irritated scalp such as dandruff or cradle cap. it is antiseptic and antibacterial.
organic nettle leaf extract | rich in minerals, it's a vitamin boost for our scalp and hair. minerals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc can help protect our scalp and strengthen our hair.
aloe vera leaf juice | a staple in native american culture to remedy skin + scalp wounds and hydration. very effective in hydrating the scalp.
leuconostoc/radish root ferment | fermented radish root and a strain from lactic acid builds an effective preservative against harmful bacteria. due to the water in these products, we need to protect from various bacterias growing over time. tested and proven to be safe and effective.
lactobacillus | a friendly bacteria that can be found in a number of foods, probiotics, our gut. in conjunction with the radish root ferment, it builds a strong team against bacterias we don't want in our products!
coconut fruit extract | derived from coconuts, of course. it's a smoothing and hydrating emollient and actually also a great anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, adding even more protection against any invading bacterias.
citric acid | derived from 100% pure, non-gmo sugarcane. naturally found in citrus fruits. balances PH levels in formula. most shower water is alkaline water, this opens up your hair cuticle. by lowering the PH level with this ingredient, it will close the cuticle so the hair is protected from environmental toxins, locking in moisture, preventing split ends and frizz.
ingredients / purified water, coco-glucoside 'coconut', yucca schidigera root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, smilax aristolochiaefolia ‘sarsaparilla’ root extract, dioscorea villosa ‘wild yam’ root extract, vegetable glycerin, panthenol (vitamin b5), xanthan gum, lactic acid, matricaria chamomilla ‘chamomile’ flower oil*, calendula officinalis ‘calendula’ flower oil*, urtica dioica 'nettle leaf' oil*, plantar lanceolata 'plantain leaf' oil*, simmondsia chinensis ‘jojoba’ oil*, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, lactobacillus, cocos nucifera ‘coconut’ fruit extract, citric acid. *organic