I N G R E D I E N T S
- sarsaparilla root | native to south america, latin america and mexico. contains steroidal saponins which gives it's cleansing and antibacterial properties. has been used to fight skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
- wild yam root | natural saponin. also known as colic root and rheumatism root as it was used to remedy colic and rheumatism. all the medicinal benefits come from the root.
- quillaia root | or quillaja means "to wash". used in chile and peru to create shampoo for centuries.
- yucca root | native american tribes used this succulent to create soaps due to its very foamy liquid that gently cleanses. yucca has been used to treat dandruff, hair loss, skin inflammation and arthritis.
- coco - glucoside | derived from coconut oil and fruit sugar. mild and non-irritating cleanser, good for sensitive skin. 100% biodegradable.
xanthan gum | plant-based thickening agent. a naturally occurring bacteria, xanthomonas campestris is found growing naturally on vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. the bacteria is allowed to ferment on a sugar resulting in a gel or milled into a powder. often used in salad dressings and gluten-free baking.
organic vegetable glycerin | sourced from organic soy bean oil. glycerin is a soothing, humectant which draws moisture from the air to the skin. also an emollient, which makes the skin feel softer and smoother.
- panthenol | vitamin B5, a natural constituent of healthy hair and a substance present in all living cells including plants and honey. it hydrates, locks in moisture and adds elasticity.
- organic horsetail extract | the most abundant plant source of silica, a mineral that will strengthen your hair, stimulate hair growth. dating back to roman and greek times and used internally and externally as a folk medicine to treat coughs and asthma, acne, brittle hair and fingernails.
- organic chamomile extract | cleansing, moisturizing, calming, heals minor wounds & soothes irritated scalp or dandruff. one of the most ancient herbs originally used by ancient Egyptians and still used today to cure a number of ailments.
organic white willow bark extract | a natural source of salicylic acid which helps exfoliate the scalp, hair stimulant, great for oily or dandruff prone hair. for thousands of years this natural source of salicin has been used for headaches, inflammation, sore muscles, later used to make aspirin. people were advised to chew on the bark of the white willow tree to heal themselves. its a powerful bark and extremely effective on inflamed skin, dry scalp, dandruff, insect bites, the list goes on.
organic lemon balm extract | known as the "calming" herb. native to europe and the mediterranean. belonging to the mint family, it helps combat anxiety, stress, insomnia, and used to treats wounds. cleanses hair, increases shine, adds body, soothing, prevents dandruff.
ylang ylang essential oil | native to the phillipines and indonesia, derived from the word ilang or ilang-ilan meaning "wilderness" or "rare". it has been used to reduce stress, increase the thickness of the hair shaft to grow thicker hair. it can help balance scalp oil production and may help with split ends.
aspen bark extract | natural and safe preservative. an ideal microbial, the bark is rich in salicylates that may which acts as a natural defense mechanism against invading parasites. for centuries, the salicylates in aspen bark has also been used for medicinal purposes such as analgesics and to reduce fevers.
citric acid | derived from citrus fruits. balances PH levels in formula. most shower water is alkaline water, this opens up your hair cuticle. by lowering the PH level with this ingredient, it will close the cuticle so the hair is protected from environmental toxins, locking in moisture, preventing split ends and frizz.